sábado, maio 13, 2006

It's Too Late



Wilson Pickett

It's too late
Said it's too late, yes it is
My love is gone away to stay
Don't you know it's too late now
Listen, children, I wanna tell you this
It's too late to cry
It's too late to cry now
My love is gone away, yes she has

I just guess that you're wonderin' why I always sing a sad song But you see, I had a woman who was very good to me and I can remember the times she used to sit down and tell me these words: Said, "Pickett, I want you to know I love you from the bottom of my heart and whatever you need, I don't want you to go to your mother, your father, your sister or your brother...
I'll be a leadin' pull when you're fallin' down. When all your money's gone, I want you to know you can count on me"
But I didn't appreciate that woman then. You know what? I had to run and chase after every little girl around town. So finally one day I got home and I found my little girl gone and people, you know it hurt me so bad (ha ha) I had to hang my little head and cry. Then I began to read the letter she left for me layin' there;
it read like this, children

It's too late, she's gone, oh
(she's gone)
"It's too late I'm gone away"
(she's gone)
Ah yeah (too late) don't you know it, children
(too late)
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
Say it one more time

(too late)
listen
(too late)
I wanna hear you understand what I'm talkin' about
(too late)

2 comentários:

Madame Bovary disse...

É companheiro! O descompasso do nosso humano coração. às vezes "demasiado" atrasado. Tantos amores e afetos se perdem.Falta de foco? Ou alvo errado? Meio triste esse olhar para o amor que se vai.

Marcos disse...

Pois é camarada,
Reconheço que essa é uma visão pessimista de um amor perdido. Mas, visto de outro ângulo, também é uma reflexão sobre a desilusão provocada pelo descompasso entre aquilo que se tem, o que se quer e a incapacidade de se satisfazer com o momento...
Até a próxima!